1 garlic clove
2 chicken breast
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
150ml/2/3 cup chicken broth(stock)
80ml/1/3 cup whipping cream
150g/1 cup frozen peas,thawed
500g spaghetti pasta
Salt and pepper
Prep and cook time 30 minutes
1. Peel and finely chop the onion,garlic.
2. Slice the chicken breast into strips.
3. Saute’ the chicken,onion and garlic in hot butter. Sprinkle the flour on top. Mix and saute briefly.
4. Add the broth(stock) and cream whili stirring. Season with salt and pepper and bring to boil. Add peas and simmer over low heat for about 10’minutes. Stir occasionally .
5. Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice.
6. Cook the pasta in well-salted boiling water until al dente.
7. Add the lemon zest tomthe cream sauce. Season with a little lemon juice,salt and pepper.
8. Divide the well-drained pasta among the plates. Pour the sauce over the top and serve warm …
Prepared, tried and tested by: Joy Martin Smyth