As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make homemade Pickled Jalapeno Peppers from scratch!
This recipe was given to me by a Texan friend and it has carrots in the jalapeno something I hadn’t thought of. His mum’s recipe and they are the best ones. Carrots taste great pickled and go well with the jalapeno.
- 10 large jalapeno sliced into rings.
- 1/2 to 1 carrot sliced into rings.
- 3/4 cup of water.
- 3/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- 3 tbsp white sugar.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- 1 clove garlic crushed.
- 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, and oregano in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add carrots bring back to boil and lower heat slightly, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno and remove the pan from heat.
- Allow cooling for about 10 minutes.
- Pack carrots and jalapeno in sterilized jars using tongs.
- Cover with vinegar mix or put in a sterilized storage container and keep in the refrigerator.
Prepared, tried and tested by Carol Taylor
7 thoughts on “Pickled Jalapeno Peppers”
These look great! What sort of affect does pickling have on the jalapenos? Does it alter the flavor or the heat at all? Thanks!
Billy – thanks for your question – I will check with Carol and report back once I hear from her.
Hi Billy..not that I am aware they stay crisp and I don’t use any crisping agents just as the recipe says. As you know jalapenos vary in heat and sometimes even in one jar you get variation but I dont pickling lessens the heat.I guess the only way to truly really judge that would be to do a before and after tasting. Which I haven’ t done….I am making some today so I might do that and then I can give a more definite answer . Hope that helps Billy ☺
Thanks so much for your response and update Carol ♥
Not a problem Esme 🙂
Nice Recipe.. have never tried pickling jalapenos before.. have got my hands on a bunch of some spicy jalapenos… would surely try the recipe 🙂
Awesome, that’s good news. Please let us know once you tested it what you think of it. Thanks and enjoy