How to make homemade Pickled Jalapeno Peppers from scratch!
This recipe was given to me by a Texan friend and it has carrots in the jalapeno something I hadn’t thought of. His mum’s recipe and they are the best ones. Carrots taste great pickled and go well with the jalapeno.
- 10 large jalapeno sliced into rings.
- 1/2 to 1 carrot sliced into rings.
- 3/4 cup of water.
- 3/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- 3 tbsp white sugar.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- 1 clove garlic crushed.
- 1/2 tsp oregano.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, and oregano in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add carrots bring back to boil and lower heat slightly, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno and remove the pan from heat.
- Allow cooling for about 10 minutes.
- Pack carrots and jalapeno in sterilized jars using tongs.
- Cover with vinegar mix or put in a sterilized storage container and keep in the refrigerator.
Prepared, tried and tested by Carol Taylor