Pink White Coconut Ice. Coconut Ice is an old classic, with layers of white and pink! Deliciously sweet and simple, perfect for coconut lovers!
- 900g x white sugar.
- 300g x desiccated coconut.
- 300ml x milk.
- A few drops of pink food coloring.
- Place the sugar and milk into a heavy-based pot.
- Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved into the milk.
- Raise the heat a little and let it start to boil.
- Cover with lid and let boil for 5 minutes, the mixture should have risen when you take the pot lid off.
- At the same heat, let the mixture boil, uncovered until when you dip your spoon into the mixture and then straight into cold water it becomes hard.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut.
- Mix well.
- Quickly pour half the mixture into a greased dish.
- Place the leftover mixture in the pot on the warm stovetop or place the pot in a sink of hot water to prevent the mixture from becoming stiff.
- Pour the food coloring in and mix till well combined.
- Pour the pink mixture over the white one and make sure it’s nice and flat.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dip a sharp knife in hot water and cut into squares, but do not remove them from the dish.
- Pop the dish back into the fridge and let it sit for about another 2 hours until set.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Bobby Swanson