Make 10 to 12
Preheat oven to 200C grease a baking tray, combine 4 dollops of Flora Gold, 2 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp of honey and 30g dried fruits such as dried cranberries, dried pineapple cubes,sultana and dates or whatever kind of dried fruits is available in your kitchen , roll the puff pastry and spread the flora mixture over it using a brush .
Roll up the puff pastries and seal the ends .
Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into 12 even slices, place each puff pastry cut side up, brush with egg wash and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and puff up.
225g all purpose flour
225g unsalted butter (2 sticks at room temp )
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold water
1 packet instant dried yeast
For the pastry:
1. In a large bowl, cut the butter roughly into the flour using a pastry blender,dissolve the salt into the water and yeast then drizzle the water into the flour and mix with wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Dust your work surface with flour and roll the dough out in a rectangle vertically in front of you. It should be about the quarter of an inch thick . Try to keep the edges straight, which is easier than done. Gently brush away excess flour on the surface of the dough.
3. Now fold the top edge down the center and do the same with the bottom edge.
4. Then fold the whole thing in half, top edge down the bottom edge as if you were closing a “Book” this is called Book fold 5. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 three times, so you will make a total of 4 books folds, resting the dough in fridge for 20 minutes between each fold.
6. Once you’re done, wrap the dough and refrigerate overnight. It will be then ready to roll out
Submitted, Prepared, tried and tested by: https://www.facebook.com/alljoyslovelycooking/