As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
100 g digestive biscuits, or cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
50 g sugar
50 g butter, melted
500 g full-fat cream cheese
100 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract( I substitute with the juice of 1/2 a lemon)
200 ml double cream, lightly whipped
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and Demerara sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
2. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin lined with silicon paper or baking parchment. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or a wooden spoon, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla pod seeds or vanilla extract until well mixed.
4. Fold in the double cream, mixing well.
5. Spoon the cream mixture over the chilled biscuit base, making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
6. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set.
7. To serve, remove from the cake tin and cut into slices.
Source: Paul A Young
Prepared, tried and tested by: Preshana Singh
4 thoughts on “Preshana's Classic Refrigerated Cheesecake”
Yum, one of my top picks in desserts!
Awesome. Please let me know what you think of this one once made. 😊