As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
• 180g butter or margarine
• 15ml Illovo Golden Syrup
• 5ml bicarbonate of soda
• 500ml oats
• 250ml cake flour
• 250ml Illovo White Sugar
• 250ml desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Heat butter, syrup and bicarbonate together over medium heat.
3. Measure remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl, and pour on the warm syrup mixture blending well.
4. Pat mixture into prepared baking tray, press flat to compact well.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Switch oven off and leave in for a further 20 – 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cut into squares. Allow to cool in baking tray.
Source: Illovo sugar
Prepared, tried and tested by: Preshana Singh