Sugar beans prepared in the slow cooker
1 cup sugarbeans(Rosecoco/Belotti beans)
1-2 Tbspn oil/ghee
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 small tomatoes chopped
2 medium potatoes cut into quarters
4-5 cloves garlic crushed
1 inch piece ginger finely crushed
1 green chilli( optional)
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tspTurmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Salt to taste
Finely chopped Coriander Leaves (garnishing)
1. Wash bean and put into slow cooker with 2 cups of water on high
2. Heat oil in a pan on the cooker, add onion and sauté till slightly brown.
3.Add the potatoes , ginger and garlic, green chilli and all the ground spices, cook for a few minutes, then add the chopped tomato, cook on medium heat until tomatoes dissolves
4.Add the potatoes and gravy to the slow cooker with half a cup of water and allow to cook until the beans are soft and a thick gravy forms.
5.Garnish with coriander.
6.Serve with rice/roti( chappatis), naan or in fresh unsliced loaf as a bunny chow.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Preshana Singh
- Make tomorrow more amazing than today!
- Just believe in yourself and dream big.
- Do not give up on your hopes. Take care always.