Quick Guacamole as a snack with Doritos or Veggies
I know that many of you are in the throes of winter but it is warm here and when we are having a sundowner we sometimes just want a nibble like yesterday. This makes just enough for two for a small snack with some Doritos or even veggies if you are cutting down.
- 1 Avocado
- Salt to season
- 2/3 cheeks of lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or green onions.
- 1 chili
- A handful of coriander chopped
- Black pepper to season
- 1/2 ripe tomato
- Peel avocado and cut up roughly.
- Put everything (except) coriander in a small blender and coarsely chop.
- Put into a serving dish, season with salt, pepper, and more lime juice if required.
- Stir in coriander. Taste.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes and serve with crackers for a light snack with your sundowner.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor