2 ¼ cups of raw cashew nuts
¾ cup water
¾ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup raspberries (I used frozen raspberries)
2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 cup of the filling
1. Soak dates in water for about 30 mins, then chop
2. Combine almonds and coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until you have a crumbly texture
3. Add dates, vanilla extract, water and salt and process until well combined
4. Divide the dough between 6 dessert glasses and press to the bottom of the glass
1. Blend cashews, water, lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a blender until you have a smooth texture. Make sure the texture is not gritty!
2. Set aside 1 cup of the filling and divide the rest between your dessert glasses with the crust
3. Place glasses in freezer while making the topping
1. Combine the filling that you have set aside with raspberries, lemon juice and water in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
2. Divide the raspberry filling between your dessert glasses and place glasses back in the freezer for 1h, then transfer to the refrigerator for another 1-2h before serving (make sure the middle is cold but not frozen or else leave in the refrigerator until defrosted).
Photo: The Recipe Hunter
Source: Sarien Slabbert
TRIED AND TESTED