A Fantastic cold salad and Refreshing Quinoa Salad to enjoy for lunch or as a side dish.
Quinoa is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. It is a herbaceous annual plant grown as a crop primarily for its edible seeds; the seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals in amounts greater than in many grains.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 sliced purple onion
- 1/4 cup Sliced olives
- Handful Dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
- Freshly ground Himalayan pink salt to your taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Cook quinoa as per directions on the package with water or organic vegetable broth.
- I use the broth from Costco.
- Once cool, add all other ingredients and toss.
- You can also add a variety of cheeses or other vegetables.
- Serve cold as a salad.
Prepared and tested by Diviam
Recipes you should check out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.