A fantastic crackle on a juicy Roast Pork, the best you will find.
I score the pork skin and rub it with a little oil and then salt. See Perfect Crispy Pork Crackling
Put in a high oven until skin blisters and then reduce heat until pork is cooked.
To roast potatoes:
- Parboil them, strain, and shake the saucepan to soften edges, then you then get nice crispy potatoes.
- Put a clean tea towel over the saucepan to absorb steam for just a couple of minutes.
- Then put in hot oil on the high oven. They take about 30-40 minutes.
- I turn them over halfway.
- Vegetables I lightly cook. I like mine with a bit of bite.
Gravy I make my own
- I use homemade stock, a couple of shakes of balsamic vinegar, a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce, add 2 to 3 tsp cornflour, mix together and bring to the boil.
- I normally cook it in the same container I prepared the meat for added flavor.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor