Sandwich Cake my version of Smorgastarta an Scandinavian Sandwich Cake ….
I used chicken sandwich spread instead of whipping cream and flower carrots instead of Salmon cured flower… Very easy and delicious ..
For the chicken sanwich spread
2 pieces of chicken breast boneless
1 medium carrots chopped
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 cup of mayo
1 hardboiled egg
Salt and white pepper to taste
For the decoration :
1 long cucumber
1 medium carrots
Mint or dill for garnish
You will be needing 5 slices of white bread
1. Place the chicken with 2 cups of water and bring to boil until tender and then remove from heat set aside. When the chicken is cool enough chop very finely.
2. Place the carrots, onion in blender and blitz for about 2 minutes and transfer to bowl . Add the mayo, carrots and onion then chopped hardboiled egg and chicken season with salt and pepper mix well until blended. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, take a veg peeler and peel the ribbons, discard the outside first one and dont use the seeded part. You need 4 the perfect one.
4. With a melon baller, make around 30 to 35 balls of cucumber from the other 2 sides of cucumber, discard the middle seeded part of cucumberi.
5. Peel off your carrots and chop it to make a flower style.
To assemble the sandwich, slice the side of your bread remove the brown sides and spread with the chicken sandwich each of slices bread .. Then spread also the top and sides of your sandwich and smooth it. ( As if your like icing your cake ) place the cucumber ribbons around the edges of sandwich cake. Now decorate the top make sure it is nice and smooth with palette knife , place the cucumber balls around the edges of the cake on the top arrange the flower carrots. Enjoy!!
Prepared, tried and tested by: Joy Martin Smyth – All joy’s lovely cooking