As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can go nutty with these Spicy Mustard Nuts! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do
- 1 cup(250 mL) walnut halves
- 1 cup(250 mL) natural almonds
- 1 cup(250 mL) raw cashews
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled pistachio (I couldn’t find these, so I substituted macadamias)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- In a bowl, stir together walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, oil, and Dijon mustard until coated.
- Combine brown sugar, dry mustard, coriander, salt, cayenne, and pepper; toss with nuts to coat. Bake on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in 300°F oven, stirring once, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 20-30 minutes.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- I just made these for the weekend, and we can’t stop eating them!
- The flavor isn’t overbearing, the spicy touch is perfect, and the sugar perfectly ties it all together.
- I’m very happy with how these turned out.
Source: Canadian Living
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit