Split Pea Soup perfect for the winter
- 1 Packet split pea
- 6-8 cups of water
- 4 grated carrots
- 1 grated onion
- 1 grated potato
- Some meaty bones
- Put in the pot your washed split peas
- Add your meat and all the grated veggies
- Allow to cook until split peas and veggies are cooked and almost gone, but you can still see some veggies
- Add salt & pepper and then add the dumplings
- Allow dumplings to cook for about 20 mins
- I added a packet of Knorr chicken noodle soup to my pot of soup, as it thickens nicely
Ladies when it comes to the soup I just add and off I go.
I never follow recipes, that’s how I do my soup.
Prepared, tried by Colleen