What an appetizing and delectable and nourishing meal made out of Spring salad with Chimichurri and boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup keto fat – lard, tallow, coconut oil
- 1 lb (450g) Portobello mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 (150g) lbs asparagus, bottoms trimmed cut into thumb-size pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs (can omit for egg-free but not as wonderful)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup MCT oil, olive oil, avocado oil, etc
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar or apple cider vine ar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat keto fat over medium heat in a skillet, add mushrooms and asparagus, and saute for 10 min or until mushrooms are golden and cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make boiled eggs to your liking soft boils or hard-boiled.
- Peel and cut in half (soft-boiled cut just as you serve)
- Make Chimichurri by putting ingredients in a blender and pureeing till smooth.
- Put mushrooms and asparagus on a platter or individual plates.
- Slice eggs and place over mushrooms, drizzle Chimichurri over, and enjoy.
- Garnish with extra basil and add a few sliced tomatoes quarters if desired.
Yields 4 servings
Prepared, tried, and tested by Sean
More Chimichurri Recipes
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.