A super-healthy salad called Thai Lemongrass Salad Yum Takrai
This recipe is for all veggie lovers.
I personally love this salad. it is so fresh and vibrant, just leave out the dried shrimp/fish sauce if you eat no fish products, a slightly different taste but still good as if I don’t have any to hand, then I leave them out.
- 15 stalks fresh lemongrass.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp. whole dried shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. fish sauce (can replace with soy)
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2-1 1⁄2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. whole dried shrimp, finely ground
- 4-6 red Thai chili’s stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 raw stemmed long beans, cut into 4″ pieces for garnish.
- Trim and slice lemongrass very finely.
- Transfer lemongrass slices to a medium bowl, separate rings with your fingers.
- Add ginger, cashews, shrimp, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, ground shrimp, Thai chiles, and shallots, and toss well.
- Garnish with long beans. Serve on Banana Leaf or Betel Leaf.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor