Make your own delicious healthy smoothie, and you will agree that this Tropical Sunshine Smoothie will be awesome.
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Banana (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cheeks of Lime
- One glass of coconut milk
- Use the quantities you prefer, and blitz and blend it all together until smooth
- Pour in a glass and enjoy!
- Note: I like my drinks a bit tart and I don’t do sweet drinks so you may want to cut the lime a little and add some honey to sweeten but the beauty of the smoothies is anything goes you can make to order.
- If I want it colder and more frozen, then I use frozen bananas.
Some background info on Strawberries
- Now for a little bit more about the Strawberry which is cultivated worldwide.
- The garden strawberry was first bred in the 1750s in Brittany, France, and believe it or not, they are not technically berries but accessory fruits!
- A member of the rose family they are the only fruit to wear their seeds on the outside.
- Although the seeds can be propagated, they are more commonly reproduced by the runners which are then pegged into the soil.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor