3 cups of vegetable stock
½ tsp ground turmeric
2 bay leaves
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic (store bought)
1 medium chopped onion
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 medium Portobello mushroom chopped
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1½ cups rice (I used Basmati style)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
½ tsp of paprika
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 tin of small peas
½ of a 680ml bottle artichoke hearts (Store bought)
1. In a small pot pour in vegetable stock, saffron threads, and bay leaves, simmer on medium heat covered.
2. In a large skillet or pan on medium heat add olive oil, garlic, and yellow onion, cook till onions are slightly browned.
3. after about 5 minutes add bell peppers and mushroom stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Now add in tomatoes and rice and pour in the vegetable stock along with seasonings stir till well combined and cover for about 25 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally (you can add more vegetable stock as needed).
5. Remove lid and add peas and artichoke hearts turn off heat and cover for another 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Remove lid and enjoy! Garnish with fresh or dried parsley and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Source: Esme’s kitchen
TRIED AND TESTED