– 1 x store bought swiss roll, the recipe asked for chocolate, but all I could find was a caramel one so I used it.
– 1 x 1l ice cream of your choice, I used plain vanilla.
– Roughly 150ml alcohol of your choice, I used non- alcoholic Bavaria peach flavoured beer.
– Spray your round bowl with spray and cook and line the inside of the bowl with cling film, so that it is overlapping on the sides.
– Cut the swiss roll in thin slices.
– Place one slice in the center on the bottom of the bowl and place another one next to it.
– Continue packing the slices until the whole inside of the bowl is covered.
– Take the left over slices and break them up and squash them into the gaps between the slices, to prevent the ice cream from leaking out.
– Take your alcohol and with a brush cover the swiss slices.
– Melt the ice cream on high for 2 minutes, till it is soft but not runny.
– Pour the ice cream into the bowl and level the top.
– Place the bowl into the freezer overnight or until the ice is set.
– When you are ready to serve, carefully remove the cake by pulling up with the cling film.
– I found that it stuck a little and I just took a butter knife and gently ran it between the cling film and the bowl.
– When the cake is loose from the bowl, place a plate face down to cover the cake.
– Turn the bowl and the plate upside down, so that the plate is touching the table and the bowl is ontop of the plate.
– Carefully lift the bowl up and the cake should stay behind on the plate.
– Remove the cling fil and enjoy.
Source: Lorraine Pascales
Prepared, tried and tested by Bobby Swanson
Comments: Corlea Smit: Tried this one last weekend, and it was so easy and incredibly good!