Coconut Crunchies are a delicious, crunchy snack made with shredded coconut, sugar, and butter. They are a great treat for those who are trying to avoid processed sweets and snacks. They are also a great way to add an extra layer of crunch to your favorite desserts. Coconut Crunchies are a healthy alternative to traditional treats, and they are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without overindulging.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF.
- Melt the sugar, butter, and honey in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Stir in the beaten egg and bicarbonate of soda. (The mixture will foam.)
- Mix the oats, coconut, cake flour, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 40 x 30cm oven pan and press down evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into even squares and leave to cool completely.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Angie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 103.3 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg
Keywords: Coconut, Crunchies