- Melt the butter in the microwave, then add all crust ingredients to a small bowl and mix.
- Press the cookie crust in a pre-greased springform pan then put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to chill.
- Using a stand or hand mixer beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the heavy cream, flour, vanilla, rum, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in the mashed banana with a spoon or spatula by hand.
- Pour into the prepared springform pan.
- Cover the top and bottom with aluminum foil.
- Put 1½ cups of water in the liner of the pressure cooker.
- Set the cheesecake into the pot with the rack.
- Seal the lid, cook on high pressure (normal) for 35 minutes, and then follow with a 10-minute
natural pressure release.
- Remove from Instant Pot to cool on a wire rack for one hour, and then place in the refrigerator.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to sauté, and then put the butter in the pot to melt.
- When melted add the brown sugar and cook for a couple of minutes stirring constantly.
- Add a pinch of salt and the rum.
- Cook stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a small bowl then add the sliced banana and chopped nuts.
- Stir together then gently pour onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped topping or keep in the refrigerator covered for up to one week.
To remove from the springform pan loosen the sides with a small sharp knife and remove the collar. Using a thin spatula lift edges from the bottom in about 4 to 5 places then slide under the entire cheesecake to loosen the remainder of the way. Remove to a plate.
This can be made a few days in advance if planning to use it for a potluck or a party. Do the Bananas Foster Topping only on the day you serve the cheesecake