Lahmacun flatbread with meat toppings, garnished with spices and herbs is a superb dish that’s full of flavor.
Flat Bread Dough
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Warm Water (add more if needed)
- 500g Minced Beef/Lamb
- 2 Onions (finely diced)
- 1 Red Pepper (finely diced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Parsley (pulse)
- Parsley (garnish)
- Lemon Wedges
Flat Bread Dough
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Cover and set aside to rest.
- In a food processor, pulse the red peppers, onions, garlic, and parsley until fine.
- Add ground lamb/beef and all the seasoning, tomato paste, water, and olive oil and pulse again to combine and a spreadable mixture is formed.
- Cut dough into equal pieces then roll on a lightly floured surface
- Roll out each ball into a thin circle.
- Place the flatbread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Spread the meat mixture over evenly, and bake at 200C for 8-10 minutes or heat a cast iron skillet on the stovetop, place the flatbread in the pan, and spread the meat mixture over then cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of bread is lightly browned and the meat mixture is fully cooked.
- Once cooked, top with tomatoes, onions, and parsley, roll and enjoy!!
Utopia Kitchen 12 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast iron SkilletBuy Now →
300 PCS Parchment Paper SheetsBuy Now →
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 flatbread
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 423.7 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg