The versatility of the One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta is the best reason to adore this dish. You can easily customize the ingredients to suit your personal taste preferences or dietary needs. For instance, you can swap out the chicken for shrimp, tofu, or even just extra veggies if you prefer. Additionally, you can experiment with different types of pasta or even try a gluten-free version.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 5 cups milk
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- In a pot flash fry cleaned & cut chicken in oil.
- Remove from pot & keep aside.
- Now add chopped onion & peppers & fry.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Add your spices & let cook a little.
- Then add milk & pasta & mix through.
- Replace the lid on the pot & lower the heat and allow the pasta to cook till al dente.
- Lastly, add pepper jack and mix through.
- Serve with garlic bread & green salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Fatima from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 525
- Sugar: 20.9 g
- Sodium: 791 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 95.6 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 29.2 g
- Cholesterol: 21.6 mg