This is a perfect, sweet treat to enjoy and will bring a little summer to your home, so do try these Pina colada cupcakes!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pineapple puree (approximately 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and pureed in a food processor)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened slightly but still cool.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple puree (approximately 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and pureed in a food processor).
- Red cherries for decoration
- Combine sugar with butter until soft and fluffy, add lime zest, add coconut milk and 1 egg at a time, and add pineapple puree.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.
- Add flour a little at a time into the butter mixture.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of batter into cupcake cases in a muffin pan and bake at 180C / 350F for 16-18 min.
- Cool completely.
- Ice with a plain nozzle and decorate as desired.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melenie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 507
- Sugar: 21.5 g
- Sodium: 247.4 mg
- Fat: 36.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 126.4 mg
Keywords: Piña Colada, cupcakes