These easy, gluten-free zucchini brownies are sweetened just with dark chocolate, xylitol, and for icing 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
- 160 gr of dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of potato flour
- 4 tbs of xylitol of other sweetener
- 1 zucchini
- 1/5 tsp. of vanilla essence
- 60 gr of dark chocolate (85% cocoa)
- 60 gr of coconut milk
- Shred the zucchini into very small pieces (I was lazy to do it manually, so I used a juicer) and I mixed together shreds and the juice).
- Melt chocolate in a water bath.
- Cool it down a little.
- Take 2 bowls and divide egg whites and yolks.
- To egg yolks add cocoa powder, potato flour, sweetener, shredded zucchini, vanilla essence, and melted chocolate.
- Stir well. Whisk the egg whites and add them slowly to the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F) and cover the baking tray (I used 22 cm / 8.6 inches diameter) with baking paper unless you have a silicone tray.
- Fill the baking tray with the cake dough and bake for 30 min.
- Get out the cake from the oven and let it cool down.
- In the meantime prepare the icing.
- Melt the 60 gr of dark chocolate (85% cocoa) in the water bath.
- When all is melted slowly pour 60 gr of coconut milk and stir well.
- Pour the icing on the cake. Cool down.
- I divided my cake into 12 portions and served it with raspberries to heat up to room temperature.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Ahmed Hesham Hamdy from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 31
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 63
Keywords: Sugar-free Gluten-free Zucchini Brownies