This baked apple cake is incredible all on its own, but add the ice cream and you have PERFECTION.
- 60 g Butter
- 200 ml Castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml milk
- 375 ml Cake Flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples (peeled & sliced)
- 180 ml sugar
- 125 ml Ideal milk
- 30 g butter
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F
- Cream the butter and castor sugar well
- Add in the eggs & mix well after each addition.
- Add in milk, (sifted) cake flour & baking powder and mix well into the batter.
- Pour into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Place apple slices into the batter
- Bake for ±35 min till done.
- Boil the sauce ingredients together for ±5min.
- Prick the baked cake with a fork and then gently pour the sauce over and let it seep into the warm cake.
- You can use fresh apples, or if you wish to make it easier, the tinned apples will also work perfectly.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Feriel from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 37.3 g
- Sodium: 34.2 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 56.4 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
Keywords: Apple, Cake