- 1.3 kg (±3 pound) pork ribs (1 rack)
- 15 ml (3 tsp) garlic powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 0.5 ml (1/2 tsp) black pepper
- 0.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cumin
- Sweet and Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) ketchup
- 25ml (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 12.5 ml (1 tbsp.) apple cider vinegar
- 12.5 ml 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the ribs into small enough sections for them to fit into your air fryer basket.
Make the spice rub:
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season the ribs.
- First, pat it dry, and then rub the spice all over the meat.
- Be sure to use all the spices.
Cook the ribs in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F/190°C for a few minutes.
- Once hot, place the ribs into the basket with the meat side down and cook for 15 minutes.
- Make sure that the air fryer is heated up to avoid the ribs from sticking to the basket.
- Flip the ribs using kitchen tongs, and cook for 10 more minutes at 375°F/190°C.
Make the BBQ sauce:
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and over medium-low heat stir it until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
Brush with BBQ sauce:
- After you have cooked it for 15 minutes, turn it around and as per above cook it for the second round and this time 10 minutes, now remove the basket from the air fryer and brush the sauce generously all over the meat, and make sure to cover it on all sides.
- Return the basket back to the air fryer and cook for 3-5 more minutes at 400°F/200°C until the sauce has set and darkened slightly.
- At this point, now you will remove the basket with sauced ribs serve it but let it rest for 5 minutes and you can brush any remaining sauce over if you feel like it, but not required. I did add extra, but my husband decided to have his without extra sauce.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Original Source: izzycooking
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 235
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 16
Keywords: Air Fryer BBQ Sauce Ribs