My first try to make anything in an Air Fryer, and I think this Air Fryer BBQ Sauce Ribs came out pretty well. If you have recipes, please share them with us
What is an Air Fryer
An air fryer is a small countertop convection oven designed to simulate deep frying without submerging the food in oil.
There are so many different Air Fryers out there, you will have to do your own research and decide what works best for you. We bought a Besile 7.0QT Large Hot Air Fryer Cooker. As we only cook for 2 people at home at present, we thought this to be enough.
- 1.3 kg (±3 pound) pork ribs (1 rack)
- 15 ml (3 tsp) garlic powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 0.5 ml (½ tsp) black pepper
- 0.5 ml (½ tsp) cumin
- Sweet and Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) ketchup
- 25ml (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 12.5 ml (1 tbsp.) apple cider vinegar
- 12.5 ml 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the ribs into small enough sections for them to fit into your air fryer basket.
Make the spice rub:
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season the ribs.
- First, pat it dry, and then rub the spice all over the meat.
- Be sure to use all the spices.
Cook the ribs in the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F/190°C for a few minutes.
- Once hot, place the ribs into the basket with the meat side down and cook for 15 minutes.
- Make sure that the air fryer is heated up to avoid the ribs from sticking to the basket.
- Flip the ribs using kitchen tongs, and cook for 10 more minutes at 375°F/190°C.
Make the BBQ sauce:
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and over medium-low heat stir it until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
Brush with BBQ sauce:
- After you have cooked it for 15 minutes, turn it around and as per above cook it for the second round and this time 10 minutes, now remove the basket from the air fryer and brush the sauce generously all over the meat, and make sure to cover it on all sides.
- Return the basket back to the air fryer and cook for 3-5 more minutes at 400°F/200°C until the sauce has set and darkened slightly.
- At this point, now you will remove the basket with sauced ribs serve it but let it rest for 5 minutes and you can brush any remaining sauce over if you feel like it, but not required. I did add extra, but my husband decided to have his without extra sauce.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you? You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 140Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 16mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 4g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Other Air Fryer Recipes for you to try out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.