I love Italian food and I hope you enjoy this Bacon and Mushroom Fettucine Carbonara as much as we do.
Are you looking for the next hit for lunch or dinner? Got only thirty minutes to cook? This will help you out so do not miss out on this Bacon and Mushroom Fettucine Carbonara easy meal.
Bacon and Mushroom Fettucine Carbonara is a delicious and comforting dish. The combination of the bacon, mushrooms, and creamy carbonara sauce makes it a great combination of flavors. It’s definitely a dish I would recommend to anyone looking for a tasty and indulgent meal.
- 500 g Fettucine pasta cooked according to packet instructions. Once cooked drain and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta
- 250 g back bacon cut into blocks
- 250 g white button mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil + extra
- 4 shallots chopped including the green parts
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 fresh milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you can choose to use cheddar if you prefer) I used Parmesan + extra (optional)
- 3 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet basil
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
- A squeeze of 1 lemon juice
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and grill bacon bits until crispy.
- Add green shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the frying pan, and set aside. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter and sauté mushrooms until tender add seasoning, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Set aside once done.
- In a jug whisk together milk, fresh cream, evaporated milk, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add Fettucine to cooked mushrooms in a frying pan, toss over the eggs and milk mixture, add bacon bits, and toss in the pan for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped chives and extra Parmesan (optional)
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 705
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 542.9 mg
- Fat: 35.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.2 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 25.8 g
- Cholesterol: 142.1 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Mushroom, Fettucine Carbonara
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.