This is a diabetic-friendly and gluten-free recipe for Baked Paneer Spinach Stuffed Aubergines and super delicious. You should try it out!
For those of you lucky enough to have access to the Spice Tailor kits, here’s a lovely vegetarian and Diabetic friendly recipe!
What is Eggplant / Aubergine
Eggplant, aubergine, or brinjal is a plant species in the nightshade family Solanaceae. Solanum melongena is grown worldwide for its edible fruit. Most commonly purple, the spongy, absorbent fruit is used in several cuisines. Typically used as a vegetable in cooking, it is a berry by botanical definition.
What is Paneer
Paneer, also known as ponir or Indian cottage cheese, is a fresh acid-set cheese common in the Indian subcontinent made from cow or buffalo milk. It is a non-aged, non-melting soft cheese made by curdling milk with a fruit- or vegetable-derived acid, such as lemon juice
- 1 pack of The Spice Tailor Classic Butter Chicken, sauces are all gluten-free and vegetarian too.
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 250g of paneer - or firm tofu, cut into 2 cm cubes (Chef's note: stick to Paneer)
- 2 medium eggplants, cut in half lengthways
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium red chilies, left whole but pierced with the tip of a knife
- 100g baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C / Gas Mark 4).
- Slash into the eggplants’ flat surfaces crosswise, and then again on the other
diagonal, and scoop out the flesh leaving a 1 cm border all around.
- Season, drizzle over some oil, and bake until just soft, around 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the eggplant flesh you scooped out into smallish cubes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add the onion, eggplant, chili, and seasoning.
- Cook until soft and golden.
- Add the base sauce from the small pouch and the main sauce from the larger pouch and the spices from The Spice Tailor Classic Butter Chicken sachet, along with the paneer - or firm tofu, the spinach, and 75ml water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is creamy and coating the paneer.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and spoon the filling into the eggplant boats.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, then serve.
You can substitute the kit with a straightforward regular butter chicken/murgh makhani sauce. So all the usual suspects, are onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, coriander, turmeric, tomato, chili, fenugreek.
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe,
please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 614Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 67mgSodium 776mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 10gSugar 16gProtein 24g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Come and join us on Facebook at our two Recipe Groups and check out our Online Store
Similar recipes to try out
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.