Craving something new, exotic, and absolutely delicious? Come and discover the mouthwatering flavors of Bengali Mishti Pulao! Not only will you find a step-by-step recipe to try out this amazing dish at home, but also learn about its rich cultural history and significance!
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 2–3 Tbs Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 4–5 Cloves
- 1–2 Bayleaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1–2 Tbs Clarified Butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp Cream (Optional)
- 6–7 Cashew nuts
- 7–8 Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
You can adjust the sugar & Salt according to your taste.
- First of all, take a vessel and add rice with 2.5 cups of water & turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook till 60% on low-medium flame.
- Now drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ghee in a pan and Roast the dry fruits.
- After roasting take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now take the remaining ghee in that pan and add Cardamom, cumin seeds, bay leaf & Cloves, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and then add sugar. Mix properly
- Now add rice, dry fruits & salt and stir.
- Add little water if needed.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Stir and continue during the cooking process.
- After that switch off the gas and add cream and mix properly.
- Garnish with Roasted Nuts & basil leaves.
- Served hot.
- Enjoy the taste.
- Have Fun & Happy Cooking
Prepared, tried, and tested by Sneha of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 1495
- Sugar: 32.7 g
- Sodium: 119.4 mg
- Fat: 111.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 103.2 g
- Fiber: 10.1 g
- Protein: 40.5 g
- Cholesterol: 26.4 mg
Keywords: bengali mishti pulao, mishti pulao recipe