Enjoy a very traditional Bengali Mishthi Pulaav a rice dish – Indian Cuisine.
- ½ cup Basmati rice
- 2-3 Tbs Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1-2 Bayleaf
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Tbs Clarified Butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp Cream (Optional)
- 6-7 Cashew nuts
- 7-8 Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
Note: You can adjust the sugar & Salt according to your taste.
- First of all, take a vessel and add rice with 2.5 cups of water & Turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook till 60% on low-medium flame.
- Now drain the rice and keep it aside.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ghee in a pan and Roast the dry fruits.
- After roasting take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now take the remaining ghee in that pan and add Cardamom, cumin seeds, Bayleaf & Cloves, stir for 30 seconds
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and then add sugar. Mix properly
- Now add rice, dry fruits & salt and stir.
- Add little water if needed.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Stir and continue during the cooking process.
- After that switch off the gas and add cream and mix properly.
- Garnish with Roasted Nuts & basil leaves.
- Served hot.
- Enjoy the taste.
Have Fun & Happy Cooking 😊
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Sneha Satish Tiwari
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.