This is my Veganuary meal which is a chickpea flatbread (besan dosa) served with curried potato (aloo)
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1/3 cup Cake Flour
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup Warm Water (approx.)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Chopped Coriander
- Chopped Scallions/Spring Onions
- 1 tsp. Paprika/Chili Flakes/Masala
- Salt to taste
- Mix the chickpea flour together with all the ingredients together to form a batter then set aside to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-based pan and pour in a small amount of the batter in, swirl the pan to ensure even coverage, flip over and allow it to cook on both sides.
- You may add a teaspoonful of oil to the pan while cooking the flatbread if necessary. Keep covered once cooked. Enjoy!!
- Heat the oil in a pot.
- Add in the onion and cook till soft then add in the curry leaves ginger & garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomato, garam masala and masala.
- Allow this to cook till tomatoes are soft and the mixture looks thick. Drop in the potatoes.
- Sprinkle in the salt and water (½ cup as needed) and allow it to cook till soft on medium heat.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 232
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 42
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chickpea flatbread