Chicken and rosemary complement each other and the bacon enhances the flavor of this stew, so I guarantee this Chicken Fillet Bacon and Rosemary Stew will be at the top of your list each week to make!
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 125 streaky bacon
- 400 gr chicken fillet cut into strips
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 350 ml chicken stock, divided
- 30 ml brown onion soup
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion, chili paste, and garlic, and sauté till soft.
- Add the bacon and fry till the bacon is starting to crisp.
- Add the chicken strips and brown well on both sides.
- I would recommend removing the onion and bacon and then frying the chicken and then returning the bacon and onion.
- Add the carrots and chicken stock reserving ¼ cup to mix with the brown soup, stir well, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the brown soup mixed with the ¼ cup stock (mixed into a smooth paste), with the chopped rosemary.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- If I had mushrooms I would have added that too.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 3879
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 6038.3 mg
- Fat: 354.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.4 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 136.4 g
- Cholesterol: 653.2 mg
Keywords: Chicken, Bacon, Stew