Need a pick me up, and a yummy gooey treat? Try these Chocolate Toffee Marshmallow Treats.
- 230g butter
- 50 ml sugar
- 128g bag Werther’s Original Fudge Caramels
- 50 ml corn syrup
- 8 teaspoons Dark Dutch Cocoa powder
- 350g Marie biscuits, chunky pieces
- 150g Crushed Weetabix
- 150g white marshmallows – Cut in 4 or use small ones.
- 250g Safari cake fruit mix
- 300g Hershey’s Butterscotch Chipits
- 400g Brown Chocolate
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup, fudge caramels, and cocoa.
- In a large bowl, mix the biscuits, Weetabix, and marshmallows.
- Add syrup mixture to dry mix and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a parchment baking tin (14″ x 10″) and press down.
- Distribute the cake fruit over the mixture.
- Melt the chocolate, in two separate bowls, by microwaving at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, till melted.
- Empty the brown and then the butterscotch over the cookie mixture.
- Make swirls in the melted chocolate and create a funky design.
- Leave in the fridge to set.
- Cut into blocks. I used a ruler width (± 1″ cubes).
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme (blogger and owner) of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes