This is an Easy 15 Minute Mousse with Cocoa Powder and Condensed Milk, and oh so incredibly delicious.
My husband is not a sweet tooth and he had two large helpings and the following day said to me that this was the best ever mousse he tasted and that I should make it again. Well, if that’s not a win in your books, then I do not know what will be.
You have to try this out. Do not let the condensed milk fool you, it’s not sweet due to the Dutch cocoa.Print
Easy 15 Minute Mousse with Cocoa Powder and Condensed Milk
My husband is not a sweet tooth and he had two large helpings and the following day said to me that this is the best ever mousse he tasted and that I should make it again. Well, if that’s not a win in your books, then I do not know what will be.
You have to try this out. Do not let the condensed milk fool you, it’s not so sweet due to the Dutch cocoa.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Resting Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 13 minutes
- Yield: 12 large helpings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: French
- 1 tin full cream condensed milk
- 750ml milk (I used 3%)
- 45ml Corn Flour (Maizena)
- 60g Dutch cocoa powder (I only use Dutch cocoa powder) but feel free to use any cocoa powder you have on hand.
- 5ml Madagascar vanilla essence (again use what you have, I coincidently have this as I wanted to test it out)
- 2 X-Large eggs
- 45g Margarine
- 3/4 Sleeve crushed Digestive biscuits, Arrowroot, Marie Biscuits, and melted butter for the crust. (Optional)
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin and add some melted butter/margarine and line the base of your dish and set aside.
- Mix 625ml milk, a tin of condensed milk, vanilla essence in a large microwave bowl, and heat until hot but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, blend the remaining 125ml milk with the cornflour, cocoa with a balloon whisk.
- Add the eggs and blend through and then add it to the warm milk mixture and keep mixing until all incorporated and no visible lumps.
- Gently heat, at 1-minute increments in the microwave, and stir after each session.
- Continue until it thickens. The time will depend on your microwave, but I only cooked it for a total of 3 minutes, and all was done.
- Add the margarine to the warm mixture and mix it through.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse filling over the biscuit base (if you use it) while it’s still hot and even out the top with a spoon or spatula.
- Chill until set, and cut into slices or cubes and serve with some cream, a maraschino cherry, and some grated chocolate for decoration.
Prepared, tried, and tested Esme Slabs, owner of The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
What is a Mousse
A mousse is soft prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. A mousse may be sweet or savory.
Who Invented the Mousse
Chocolate mousse, besides being delectable, also has a fascinating history. It was first known as “mayonnaise de chocolat” – and, even more, interesting was invented by world-renowned French post-Impressionist painter Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, in the late 19th century.
Fun Facts about Chocolate Mousse
What could be more delicious than a cut glass bowl of decadent chocolate mousse topped with fruit and a dollop of whipped cream for dessert after a satisfying meal? Follow this link for the full post by Ayza
Chocolate Dessert recipes
- Triple Chocolate Mini Filo Cups
- Vegan Treat Cups with Ice cream or Milk Tart filling
- Kit Kat Dessert
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!