Are you craving a delicious, moist, and richly flavored dessert? Look no further! Our Madeira Loaf Cake is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Made from high-quality ingredients and baked to perfection, this classic cake will transport your taste buds to a world of heavenly delight.
- 225 g butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind,
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour.
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320F.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Add half the self-raising flour, half the plain flour, and half the milk.
- Gently fold them together until almost mixed.
- Then add the rest of the flour and milk.
- Fold the mixture until it is combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Use a toothpick and gently poke to check if it is done.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 268
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 88
Keywords: Easy Best Madeira Loaf Cake, madeira cake