Don’t miss out on this scrumptious experience! Bake your Madeira Loaf Cake today and enjoy a slice (or two!) of pure bliss. Share it with your friends and family or savor it all by yourself – either way, you won’t be disappointed.
Easy Best Madeira Loaf Cake
Are you craving a delicious, moist, and richly flavored dessert? Look no further! Our Madeira Loaf Cake is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Made from high-quality ingredients and baked to perfection, this classic cake will transport your taste buds to a world of heavenly delight.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies and Tarts
- Method: Easy
- 225 g butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tsp finely grated orange rind,
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour.
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320F.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg.
- Add half the self-raising flour, half the plain flour, and half the milk.
- Gently fold them together until almost mixed.
- Then add the rest of the flour and milk.
- Fold the mixture until it is combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Use a toothpick and gently poke to check if it is done.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 268
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 88
Keywords: Easy Best Madeira Loaf Cake, madeira cake
Easy Best Madeira Loaf Cake. The cake has a firm yet light texture. and enjoyed with tea and traditionally flavored with lemon, and is similar to a pound cake or yellow cake.
Did you know that the Madeira Loaf Originated in England?
What Flavour is Madeira cake?
A Madeira cake is traditionally flavored with lemon — all the better to cut through the sweet stickiness of the Madeira wine — and is sometimes topped with a large piece of candied lemon.
You will also find various other equally tasty and delicious Madeira cake recipes on the blog for you to try out!
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!