We can thank Elizabeth White for blueberry pancakes and muffins. The blueberry, as we know it, was pioneered in 1911 by an innovator and farmer in New Jersey.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar/ Sugar Alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk (to start with then add more if the batter is too thick)
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix just until a batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a nonstick pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
- Then flip over and cook for a minute.
- Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 596
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 64