How to Make the Best Fluffy Easy Blueberry Pancakes
A pancake (or hot-cake, griddlecake, or flapjack) is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk, and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. It is a type of batter bread. Archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes were probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar/ Sugar Alternative
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk (to start with then add more if the batter is too thick)
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix just until a batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a nonstick pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
- Then flip over and cook for a minute.
- Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes - Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
Amount Per Serving Calories 304Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 64mgSodium 596mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 1gSugar 29gProtein 6g
EsmeSalon provides approximate nutrition information for your convenience and as a courtesy only. Please note that all nutrition data is congregated by online calculators. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe, and we strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but can not guarantee or provide any assurances regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own estimates based on the ingredients used, and by using your own and preferred nutrition calculator. The author(s) of EsmeSalon are not dietitians or nutritionists. Any recommendations shall not be construed as medical or nutritional advice. You are fully responsible for any actions you take and any consequences that occur because of anything you read on this website. The website or content herein is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Please consult your health care provider regarding any health-related decisions.
Thanks for stopping by. If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.
It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
Blueberries are a widely distributed and widespread group of perennial flowering plants with blue or purple berries. They are classified in the section Cyanococcus within the genus Vaccinium. Vaccinium also includes cranberries, bilberries, huckleberries, and Madeira blueberries.
What are the top 5 health benefits of blueberries?
- May be protective. Blueberries contain one of the highest antioxidant levels amongst commonly consumed fruit and vegetables.
- May help prevent heart disease.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- May help maintain eye health.
- May alleviate gastrointestinal issues and UTIs.