How to Make the Best Fluffy Easy Blueberry Pancakes
A pancake (or hot-cake, griddlecake, or flapjack) is a flat cake, often thin and round, prepared from a starch-based batter that may contain eggs, milk, and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or frying pan, often frying with oil or butter. It is a type of batter bread. Archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes were probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies.
We can thank Elizabeth White for blueberry pancakes and muffins. The blueberry, as we know it, was pioneered in 1911 by an innovator and farmer in New Jersey.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar/ Sugar Alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk (to start with then add more if the batter is too thick)
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Pour it into the dry ingredients and mix just until a batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into a nonstick pan and cook till bubbles appear on the surface.
- Then flip over and cook for a minute.
- Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 596
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 64
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Blueberries are a widely distributed and widespread group of perennial flowering plants with blue or purple berries. They are classified in the section Cyanococcus within the genus Vaccinium. Vaccinium also includes cranberries, bilberries, huckleberries, and Madeira blueberries.
What are the top 5 health benefits of blueberries?
- May be protective. Blueberries contain one of the highest antioxidant levels amongst commonly consumed fruit and vegetables.
- May help prevent heart disease.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- May help maintain eye health.
- May alleviate gastrointestinal issues and UTIs.