I had no recipe, I just played around with what I found in the cupboard and yes, I did taste one, and in fact, like it, as it's not overly sweet.
- 300g Marie Biscuits or any Rich Tea biscuit or Digestive Biscuit substitute i.e., Mr. Christie’s Arrowroot Biscuits (I used Arrowroot as that’s what I had, as we do not get Marie Biscuits in Canada).
- 250g unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 tin full cream condensed milk
- 200g Milo / Ovaltine / Horlicks (I used Horlicks as I did not have any of the others in stock). I mention the other as it’s all similar and the one can be substituted for the other, and I think they all should work well.
- 25g Dark Dutch Cocoa
- 1/4 cup small white marshmallows
- 12 maraschino cherries
Line a large baking pan with high sides with Parchment Paper and make sure to let it hang over the edges.
Toss the marshmallows on the bottom of the pan.
Melt the margarine in a very large bowl in the microwave.
Break up the biscuits in ± 1/4’s, it should be chunky, not overly small.
Add the condensed milk and mix through.
Measure out the milo and cocoa and using a whisk blend it into the melted
Add the biscuits and mix until all well covered with the chocolate mixture.
Spoon out the chocolate mixture and spread it over the marshmallow.
Place parchment paper over the mixture and press it flat with the palm of your
Lastly, add the maraschino cherries on the still wet and sticky chocolate and
press it in lightly in order for it to stick.
Place pan in freezer or fridge until hard and properly set.
Cut into fingers and serve.
For storing after you cut it into fingers, place parchment between the different layers as this will help to take it out as it may stick to one another otherwise.
Prepared, tried, and tested by the owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
- Serving Size: `
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 69
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 20
Keywords: how to make chocolate fingers