Rochelle’s take on a KFC chicken burger. Her kids love it and will
not even consider the beef, so she prepares these Fried Buttermilk Chicken Burgers often.
- 4–6 Chicken Breast/Thighs
- Buttermilk (enough to submerge the chicken in)
- 1–2 cup Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour over enough buttermilk to cover the pieces.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Season flour with the spices.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk then toss in spiced flour.
- Fry in deep oil till fully cooked and golden.
- Drain and set aside. Enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 258
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 49
- Cholesterol: 131
Keywords: Chicken Burgers