My take on a KFC chicken burger. My kids love it and will not even consider the beef, so I make these Fried Buttermilk Chicken Burgers often.
Toppings for Chicken Burgers
Recipes you should check out
- No Eggs Chicken Burgers (make your own patties)
Fried Buttermilk Chicken Burgers
Rochelle’s take on a KFC chicken burger. Her kids love it and will
not even consider the beef, so she prepares these Fried Buttermilk Chicken Burgers often.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Resting Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 depending on the number of chicken pieces used 1x
- Category: Everyday Cooking
- 4–6 Chicken Breast/Thighs
- Buttermilk (enough to submerge the chicken in)
- 1–2 cup Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and pour over enough buttermilk to cover the pieces.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Season flour with the spices.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk then toss in spiced flour.
- Fry in deep oil till fully cooked and golden.
- Drain and set aside. Enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes- Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 258
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 49
- Cholesterol: 131
Keywords: Chicken Burgers
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!