Turn fresh shrimp into burger-worthy patties
- 2 lbs. Beef ground round (85/15)
- 1 lb. Premium pork sausage
- 1/2 lb. large shrimp (shelled and deveined, 35 to 45)
- 1 med. Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz. red cooking wine, or your best Cabernet
- 1 oz. White cooking wine or chardonnay
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 2 oz. Melted butter
- In a small bowl, salt the shrimp and then marinade in the white wine for 15 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix the Ground beef, pork sausage, chopped onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and red wine.
- Pour shrimp and wine marinade into a heated. 8″ skillet with melted butter.
- Cook on med/ high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until completely pink.
- When cooked, remove, drain, and set aside to cool.
- When cool, drain again then coarsely chop and mix thoroughly into the Beef/pork mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Optional, but it will enhance the flavor.
- Remove and shape into 4″ x 1/2″ patties (approx. 4 to oz. each.
- Cook on a hot grill, coals, or flame, or on a med/high heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Makes 12 to 14 4 oz. Burgers
Prepared, tried, and tested by Wally from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 2 patties
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 595.3 mg
- Fat: 15.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.5 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 37.4 g
- Cholesterol: 159.3 mg