Hasselback Potatoes – my way. I know I always do things differently, but that's me and I love trying out different and other methods and creating something as per our own taste. Hope you will also enjoy it
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Firstly, slice off a thin slice of the edge of the potato ***
- Thinly slice the entire potato, about 3-4 mm thickness (the thinner the better).
- To make it easier, place your potato with a flat side on a chopping board.
- Place a chopstick on both sides and then thinly slice it, as this will ensure that you do not cut through the potato.
- ***Place the slice in your baking pan, and now place the sliced potato on top of it as this will help that the potato fan out over the dome sliced potato.
- Mix the oil, garlic, spring onion/parsley, herbs, and 2-3 tbsp oil.
- Use a kitchen brush and liberally brush this mixture in between the slices and all over the sliced potatoes.
- I brushed over approximately ¾ of the mixture and whatever you have left, add the remaining oil (you may need less) and keep aside.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes and baste again with the remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and continue to bake for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown and fully cooked and soft on the inside.
- Serve immediately, with lots and lots of sour cream, slivered chives/spring
onion, and bacon pieces.
Prepared, tried, and tested owner, Esme Slabs from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
Tried this recipe? Mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
I hope you will have a go at this one and when you tested and made this recipe, please will you be so kind as to visit the post and give it a rating and review, please and thank you. You can also share it on Instagram and mention @_EsmeSalon or tag #shareEScare
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 658
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 410
- Fat: 55
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 48
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: How to cut and prepare Hasselback Potatoes