This Hawaiian Chicken is supposed to be BBQ’d or baked in the oven but I Airfried them with delicious results.
- 2kg chicken pieces (thighs, legs)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Spring onions sliced for garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken stock, ginger, and garlic.
- Reserve 1 cup of sauce for basting.
- Add the chicken and sauce to a Ziplock bag and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions if desired. (I air-fried for 20 minutes- basting halfway).
Prepared, tried, and tested Melanie from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1123
- Sugar: 30
- Sodium: 2328
- Fat: 46
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 29
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 135
- Cholesterol: 584
Keywords: Huli-Huli Chicken