Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with flavor, these guilt-free treats are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while keeping your health goals on track!
But don’t just take our word for it, try them for yourself! Indulge in these delectable delights and show your taste buds some love! Happy munching!
- 2 Fuji apples grated (I prefer and did not peel them)
- 6 X-large eggs
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Maple syrup
- 6 Tbsps. Stevia
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk (I used tinned milk, and first mixed the solids into the liquid)
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2/3 cup flax meal
- 2/3 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsps. cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsps. psyllium husk
- 1/3 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruit of your preference
- 2/3 cup chopped mixed nuts (I only had regular nuts, so I crushed it in a plastic bag with a heavy rolling pin)
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, eggs, oil, syrup, stevia, and milk together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not the nuts and fruit)
- Mix until well combined.
- Set aside and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Now add the fruit and nuts and lightly mix through.
- Scoop a 1/3 measuring cup full into each greased muffin tin.
- It should be at least 2/3 full and bake at 200C (375F) until the tops are firm to the touch, ± 15-20 minutes.
- I made 8 large cupcake sizes and 6 small bund-size muffins, and they’re decent size muffins.
- Should you prefer smaller ones, feel free to divide the dough and spoon each muffin well approximately 2/3 full.
- Let them cool down, then turn them onto a cooling wire tray.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy for breakfast.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs, (Blogger & Owner) from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs, SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 17.7 g
- Sodium: 219.4 mg
- Fat: 38.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
Keywords: Low Carb, Nut Muffins