As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for a healthy muffin to start off your day, then you have to try these Low Carb Mixed Fruit and Nut Muffins.
Low Carb Mixed Fruit and Nut Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Resting Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Easy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with flavor, these guilt-free treats are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while keeping your health goals on track!
But don’t just take our word for it, try them for yourself! Indulge in these delectable delights and show your taste buds some love! Happy munching!
- 2 Fuji apples grated (I prefer and did not peel them)
- 6 X-large eggs
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Maple syrup
- 6 Tbsps. Stevia
- 2/3 cup of coconut milk (I used tinned milk, and first mixed the solids into the liquid)
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 2/3 cup flax meal
- 2/3 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsps. cinnamon powder
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsps. psyllium husk
- 1/3 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruit of your preference
- 2/3 cup chopped mixed nuts (I only had regular nuts, so I crushed it in a plastic bag with a heavy rolling pin)
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, eggs, oil, syrup, stevia, and milk together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not the nuts and fruit)
- Mix until well combined.
- Set aside and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Now add the fruit and nuts and lightly mix through.
- Scoop a 1/3 measuring cup full into each greased muffin tin.
- It should be at least 2/3 full and bake at 200C (375F) until the tops are firm to the touch, ± 15-20 minutes.
- I made 8 large cupcake sizes and 6 small bund-size muffins, and they’re decent size muffins.
- Should you prefer smaller ones, feel free to divide the dough and spoon each muffin well approximately 2/3 full.
- Let them cool down, then turn them onto a cooling wire tray.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy for breakfast.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs, (Blogger & Owner) from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs, SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes and EsmeSalon Homemade Recipes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 17.7 g
- Sodium: 219.4 mg
- Fat: 38.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.1 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
Keywords: Low Carb, Nut Muffins
We take pride in participating in various weekly and monthly Linky Parties where our content is showcased.
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
4 thoughts on “Low Carb Mixed Fruit and Nut Muffins”
This is the kind of muffin I need for me and my hubby. Thank you,Esma!
You’re welcome Miriam – Hope you will also enjoy it as I do
These sound tasty and not too calorific too!
Thanks, Rachael – you can substitute the maple syrup with anything else you prefer, but that’s what I had so used it, and although I say so myself, they came out very yummy indeed.