This Mushroom Carrot Bolognese is a great alternative to a classic meat-based Bolognese Mushroom meal, and this is vegetarian for those that prefer it that way.
- Slice all the vegetables to roughly the same size.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the onion and carrots till it softens.
- Add in the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and Oregano (dried herbs).
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning, and allow it to cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with freshly grated cheese, serve and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 983
- Sugar: 136
- Sodium: 388
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 205
- Fiber: 63
- Protein: 47
- Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: Meatless, Mushroom, Carrot, Bolognese, Vegetarian