As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A delectable Meatless Mushroom Carrot Bolognese Vegetarian, with mushroom and it is a great alternative to a classic meat-based Bolognese.
Bolognese sauce is a meat-based sauce in Italian cuisine, typical of the city of Bologna. It is customarily used to dress tagliatelle al ragù and to prepare lasagne alla bolognese
Meatless Mushroom Carrot Bolognese Vegetarian
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 portions depending on size 1x
- Category: Vegetarian Recipes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: VegetarianDiet
This Mushroom Carrot Bolognese is a great alternative to a classic meat-based Bolognese Mushroom meal, and this is vegetarian for those that prefer it that way.
- Slice all the vegetables to roughly the same size.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the onion and carrots till it softens.
- Add in the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, and Oregano (dried herbs).
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning, and allow it to cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with freshly grated cheese, serve and enjoy!!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Rochelle from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 983
- Sugar: 136
- Sodium: 388
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 205
- Fiber: 63
- Protein: 47
- Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: Meatless, Mushroom, Carrot, Bolognese, Vegetarian
Copyright © 2023 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
4 thoughts on “Meatless Mushroom Carrot Bolognese Vegetarian”
This sounds excellent and I love how it’s a a recipe for 1. My husband is unfortunately resistant to plant based meals! Thanks for linking at #WowOnWednesday.
Dear Gail. Hope you do enjoy it. We have vegans in our family so we only prepare fully vegan meals and I many times adjust old recipes to fit the vegan eating style for them. thanks for visiting
I appreciate your yummy meatless recipes, Esme. Thank you!
Thank you for your kind words Terri. Glad you find some interesting and great recipes you can enjoy